Tourist/ Visit to Family & Friends
Schengen visa have to be obtained from the Embassy of the country where the main purpose of travel lies. Therefore, please check your travel plans before making your application to the German Embassy. In case of travel to multiple Schengen countries, please make your application to the Embassy where you will be staying for the maximum number of days, or from the point of first entry into the Schengen countries, if the duration of stay is the same in more than one Schengen country.
Visa Fees applicable for Short Term (Including Tourism and Visit of Family and Friends) Business, Transit are:-
|Service and Visa Fee Charges||LKR||€|
VFS Global Application Service Charge (including consulting and information service, online visa application, Biometrics, appointment scheduling and delivery of application documents to the Embassy)
Logistic fee with Biometrics-LKR 2279Logistic fee others-LKR 1968
Visa Fee for Children 6 to below 12 Years
|LKR 6800||35/- €.|
- The Visa fee is 60/- €.It is payable in Sri Lankan rupees as per current exchange rate of the Embassy. The exchange rate is subject to change without prior notice.
- Fees and charges are non – refundable.
- Fees are payable in cash at the German Visa Application Centre.
- The above VFS Global service charges include taxes.
- If you are submitting your visa application at the Jaffna – Germany Visa Application Centre you have to pay additional 881 LKR for courier charges.
|Tourist and Visitor visa check list|
|Tourist Visa Questionnaire|
|Family and Friend Visit visa Questionnaire|
|Parents’ Concent Letter|
- When you submit the visa application, duly filled questionnaire should submit to the submission counter with the other documents mentioned on the checklist.
- Please be informed that all the applicants who are 70 years and above applying for tourist visas should submit a Medical report from the Germany Embassy doctors effective from 01 June 2017
- The photograph must be in colour.
- It should have a white background.
- It should have a close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70-80% of the photograph.
- It should be in sharp focus and clean.
- It should be of high quality with no ink marks and creases.
- The photograph must show you looking directly at the camera.
- It should be 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm.
- It should show your skin tone naturally.
- It should have appropriate brightness and contrast.
- The photograph should be a recent one not more than 6 months old.
- It is to be taken without headgear.
- It should be without the applicant's hair tucked behind his/her ears.
- The photograph should not have any staple marks.
- Scanned & colour photocopies would NOT be accepted.
Information for visa applicants
Only one photograph should be attached to the application, the other should be kept in the passport. Neither should have any staple pin marks disfiguring the face or background.
Important Information regarding the use of the web-based visa-application form
In order to avoid that your visa application will be delayed for formal reasons, please read the following instructions completely.
After following the link below, you will be prompted to choose a language version for the web-based visa application. Please note, that the German Embassy in Colombo only accepts visa applications in the German or English language. No other language versions and no manually corrected forms will be processed.
Next, you will receive information about where to apply for your visa. Please read this information about the competent German missions carefully.
In the next step you can choose the icon for "new application" or upload personal data saved on your computer earlier into a blank form.
Please fill in the application form completely and thoroughly.
When you have finished to fill the form, click "save and print" directly from the form (do not use your browser application´s print option!').
Now you will find different options for processing the application. By clicking the pdf-icon, the application form will be checked for consistency and missing mandatory information. As long as information is missing or not correctly entered, you will be prompted and returned to the form. Once the application form is duly filled in, the file may be opened or saved (recommended) on your computer.
Very important: When the print menu opens, please chose "advanced" and then enable the field "print as picture" in Acrobat Reader´s Advanced Print Setup tab. This will ensure that a correctly sized and readable barcode will be generated for further processing your application by the German Embassy. You will have to present the printed application form with barcode together with all supporting documents when you appear at the VFS Global German Application Center and/or the German Embassy.
Thank you for reading these instructions.
Now, please follow the link to Visa Application Form – Online Application – Web based application|
Download Visa Application Form
If you wish to apply for a visa to Germany, Austria, Estonia, Hungary, and/or Latvia, you can download the required forms from below. Fill up the English Application Form (Sinhala and Tamil applications are only for your reference).
Alternatively you may also print out the application form or collect an application form from VFS Global German Application Centre or the German Embassy and fill it manually.
You can obtain these forms also at the German Embassy or at VFS Global German Application Centre. They are free of charge.
To Download a Form:
- Click on the form link
- When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
- Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
- Select Save Target As from the list
- Save the form on your computer.